ADICON Support Forum Applied Digital, Inc.
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#4114 - 10/15/03 09:53 AM Ocelot loosing IR learned signals
Ivan Offline
junior

Hi All,

I noticed a rather interesting behavior of Ocelot - it had lost some of the learned IR commands.

I am using a Pronto 3000 to control the Ocelot via IR and added several commands last night. Three things had happened.

1. some of the IR codes that I had stored in Ocelot's memory are no longer recognized.

2. some of the new learned commands from Pronto are not recognized by Ocelot, despite several re-learning attempts.

3. several of IR codes that are being transmitted by Ocelot were corupted and no longer control the AV equipment.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks,
ivan

#4115 - 10/15/03 01:13 PM Re: Ocelot loosing IR learned signals
Jon Armstrong Offline
active contributor

Loc: McLean, Virginia
Ivan,

Let's start with the basics. What are you trying to do and what equipment are you trying to control, there is some equipment that the Ocelot can not control and some that it can control that it can't learn or learn in a way that appears reliable. Also you must set in the IR carrier frequency manually in CMax when you learn the command if it is not 38 KHz.

The Pronto's are pretty good learners. Why don't you send me the configuration file or just post the Pronto hex of the commands that you are trying that don't work. Also you should use the OEM remote with NEW batteries to teach the original commands that you are going to only transmit. For those commands to be recognized they must be in IR positions 1 through 79. If you are going to control the system with your Pronto, then learn the actual commands.

There is no particular reason with the extensive macro capability of the Pronto, to try to get the Ocelot to recognize a hard to recognize command. You pick any command/IR protocoland add it to the macro.

-Jon

#4116 - 10/15/03 01:45 PM Re: Ocelot loosing IR learned signals
Ivan Offline
junior

Jon,

The setup I have is fairly simple. Ocelot located in my audio cabinet along with Harman Kardon system. The Ocelot was able to learn all the HK codes without a glitch. I used the factory remotes to teach Pronto all the codes as well, no problems there. The HS system is responding well.

My problems started when I started to use Pronto to control my lights through the Ocelot. My process was as follows:
1. Program the Pronto and select codes from the code library using PENG software.
2. Teach Ocelot the selected codes from Pronto.
3. Program the OCelot using C-Max to transmit X-10 signals in response to the learned IR codes from Pronto.

It worked fine until last night when I added few more codes. All of those are from Pronto library (LaserDisc, Samsung). Some are recognized and the Ocelot sends out the X-10 as desired. Some codes are not recognized. How would I know that what frequency are these codes at? Also several codes that previosly worked are not being recognized by the Ocelot.

Thanks again,
Ivan

#4117 - 10/15/03 02:57 PM Re: Ocelot loosing IR learned signals
Jon Armstrong Offline
active contributor

Loc: McLean, Virginia
Ivan,

The one concrete answer that I can give is that I don't have a clue what Samsung LD's use for IR carrier frequency or protocol and I can't quickly find any information. No files at Remote Central or anywhere else I looked. Some of the older IR protocols are pretty complex.

IIRC, Dan (one of the big guys at AppDig) said that the Emerson protocol was easy to match. How about using the Emerson VCR. It's ~37 KHz and that is plenty close to the default.

Just try a few commands. The Ocelot is a pretty reliable learner so to eliminate the other possibilities of a setup issue on the Pronto (I know the Pronto coding scheme very well but I am not a Pronto expert regarding programming), you might try any old universal remote and choose the Emerson VCR code.

-Jon

#4118 - 10/15/03 03:30 PM Re: Ocelot loosing IR learned signals
Guy Lavoie Administrator Offline
Beyond All Hope

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
Could you have accidentally overwritten one of the now non-working codes with one you learned yesterday? If you have a saved copy of your LIR file before learning the new ones, have you tried loading that back into the Ocelot?

Another test is to look at variable #60 in "debug timers and variables" while sending IR commands with the remote. Variable #60 will show you the last recognized IR code number. Also, don't send more then one code per second with your remote, or else some are bound to be missed.

#4119 - 10/15/03 04:20 PM Re: Ocelot loosing IR learned signals
Ivan Offline
junior

Jon & Guy,

Thanks for your advice. I will play with it a bit tonight and let you know what gives. I selected that Samsung profile because Ocelot was able to learn those codes prior to this incident. The weird thing is that out of 20 or so codes from the same codeset, only 3 do not work. I tried to choose other codes with no luck. The Ocelot shows that the code was learned OK, but does not recognize it on input.

It could also be the Pronto. I have heard that there were some issues with some Pronto codes being too short. I will try to reload the LIR file and see if the old codes will work again.

Thanks again,
Ivan

#4120 - 10/16/03 09:09 AM Re: Ocelot loosing IR learned signals
Ivan Offline
junior

Well, I tried to play with the codes and it seems to be working fine now. What appears to have happened is that some of the codes from Pronto were too similar to other codes already in the Ocelot's memory and thus when either of the codes were received on input, the Ocelot would not recognize either code.

The Emerson codes that I used to replace the non-working new codes are fine. Even better, the old codes in Ocelot's memory are working again.

Thank you for all your help.
Ivan

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Dan Smith, Monte G, ADI Tech Support, Guy Lavoie 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 56 anonymous users online.
Recent Posts
Comms Retry Error
by HDTVPete
09/18/17 04:04 PM
Cmax Message: Failed to set data for a 'delay'
by HDTVPete
09/16/17 04:36 PM
Shout Box

Newest Members
brigiel, vevevie, zhutree, 416, saiqul
3003 Registered Users
Forum Stats