ADICON Support Forum Applied Digital, Inc.
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#23506 - 04/11/13 08:15 AM Looking for a utility to extract config from a Leopard
StarUSA Offline

To Guy,

I received a call to swap a damaged Leopard with a replacement. The owner doesn't have the programs/configs from the oringal installer who is no longer available. The old one still boots up. I was told you may have a utility to read the config from the old device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
--Mauro

#23507 - 04/11/13 08:29 AM Re: Looking for a utility to extract config from a Leopard [Re: StarUSA]
Guy Lavoie Administrator Offline
Beyond All Hope

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
Hi Mauro.

Yes I could send you the program. I would need an email address to which I could send an attached executable file (that won't refuse the email because of this).

Since it still boots up, I would suggest that you swap the flash chip from the damaged Leopard to the new one. There is a lot more to a Leopard then just the program: the screen defintions, possibly ascii strings, icons, learned IR codes, etc. But you should still try and recover the program though to have it on case it ever needs modifications.

#23656 - 10/16/13 07:07 AM Re: Looking for a utility to extract config from a Leopard [Re: Guy Lavoie]
phildan Offline

Loc: paris france
Dear All, I had a damaged leopard I (screen) and booked a new leopard II. The programs have been lost long time ago in a HD crash. So I will move the flash card from the Leo I to the II as they look identical (?).

I hope it will work. when I have achieved that since I read that there was an EXE that could download the program from the leopard to the PC. It would be great to be able to get it, should i want to make changes to it in the future.

If Guy savoye could Email it to me it would be great. Many many thanks.

#23657 - 10/16/13 09:27 AM Re: Looking for a utility to extract config from a Leopard [Re: phildan]
phildan Offline

Well I did swap CPU card with program between and leopard I and II .it seems to work but random pixels blink and I guess the proms on teh main board are different Leo 155 and Leo 158 , Touch 6 and touch me 8.

Sorry for getting Guy Savoie name wrong.

Not quite sure what I shouls do now.

thanks

Philippe

#23658 - 10/16/13 09:35 AM Re: Looking for a utility to extract config from a Leopard [Re: phildan]
Guy Lavoie Administrator Offline
Beyond All Hope

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
The flash chip should essentially work between the two units. Are you saying that the flash chip works fine on the Leopard I but you see random pixels when it's put in the Leopard II?

Yes, I could send you the recovery program later (from home). Send me a private message with an email address where I can send you an attached executable that won't get refused by some antivirus program.

#23664 - 10/19/13 02:26 PM Re: Looking for a utility to extract config from a Leopard [Re: Guy Lavoie]
phildan Offline

Yes the flash chip works when moved from L1 to L2. I can acces the chip with Cmax and looks fine .The random flashing of pixels has a temporal pattern every second for 10-20 ms and is mostly horizontal lines. when setting the contrast there is position where it is almost invisible. I can live with it it that stays this way.It is benign compared to nothing working in the house!

Once I have backed up the program i would be prepared to reload it in teh new chip and see if this persists.

Thanks guys

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Dan Smith, Monte G, ADI Tech Support, Guy Lavoie 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 46 anonymous users online.
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Newest Members
brigiel, vevevie, zhutree, 416, saiqul
3003 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3003 Members
19 Forums
3998 Topics
23424 Posts

Max Online: 132 @ 11/13/16 10:07 AM
April