ADICON Support Forum Applied Digital, Inc.
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#23406 - 12/21/12 08:10 AM Anyone using their Ocelot with Mr House?
kwazy Offline

Hi all - my Ocelot and its brethren have been operating almost flawlessly for years, but I'd like to add a web-based interface. The easiest way I've found to do this is via Mr House (though I may be biased, as I've been looking for an excuse to play with Perl).

The general install seems to have gone OK - xalib is running and seems happy (its included clients can send/receive X10 OK), and Mr House generally looks happy. However, while I can send X10 commands from mh, I don't see x10 status updates. For whatever reason, mh doesn't seem to be getting updates from xalib. With such a basic problem I'm left wondering if I have things configured correctly, but the documentation seems scattered (at best) and I haven't found anything obvious.

Anyone experienced something similar? Is anyone running mh these days? Is there another Linux-based HA s/w package I should be considering?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
Jeff

#23426 - 01/06/13 08:01 PM Re: Anyone using their Ocelot with Mr House? [Re: ]
kwazy Offline

Just to follow up on my own question, assuming someone finds this post via search some day:

I had 2 problems that prevented me from getting updates from my Ocelot:

1. In subroutine check_for_serial_data (in file mh), the first line is "return unless %Serial_Ports;". Well, this line is causing control to return before the rest of the sub is executed. I suspect that the ncpuxa interface is not a "real" serial port interface (its actually talking to xalib on a local TCP port instead), and as such doesn't get populated in the Serial_Ports list. I've commented this line out for now, and will investigate a better long-term solution later.

2. The Ocelot variable #15 must be set to '1' for it to output its TX/RX X10 commands. Stumbled across this by chance, re-reading the Ocelot manual front-to-back.

Since these 2 items were resolved, I've been successfully receiving X10 traffic in MisterHouse via the Ocelot.

Oh, and 1 more thing: receiving serial messages from the Ocelot (used to indicate I/O status changes) was periodically showing garbled text (the last char of the string repeated strlen times, to be exact). I fixed this in xalib in the file lib/cpuxa.c, function cpuxa_move_buffer(). This fcn is moving data within the same string backwards by 1 char, and memcpy() is not guaranteed to work correctly when the src and dst parms are the same. I changed it to use memmove() instead and its rock solid now.

Hopefully this will help someone someday in setting up Misterhouse - while the package seems quite powerful, its been a bear to set up.

#23427 - 01/07/13 05:35 PM Re: Anyone using their Ocelot with Mr House? [Re: kwazy]
Guy Lavoie Administrator Offline
Beyond All Hope

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks for the feedback! I hope it helps someone in the future.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Dan Smith, Monte G, ADI Tech Support, Guy Lavoie 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 46 anonymous users online.
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Newest Members
brigiel, vevevie, zhutree, 416, saiqul
3003 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3003 Members
19 Forums
3998 Topics
23424 Posts

Max Online: 132 @ 11/13/16 10:07 AM
April