ADICON Support Forum Applied Digital, Inc.
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#23406 - 12/21/12 08:10 AM Anyone using their Ocelot with Mr House?
kwazy Offline

Hi all - my Ocelot and its brethren have been operating almost flawlessly for years, but I'd like to add a web-based interface. The easiest way I've found to do this is via Mr House (though I may be biased, as I've been looking for an excuse to play with Perl).

The general install seems to have gone OK - xalib is running and seems happy (its included clients can send/receive X10 OK), and Mr House generally looks happy. However, while I can send X10 commands from mh, I don't see x10 status updates. For whatever reason, mh doesn't seem to be getting updates from xalib. With such a basic problem I'm left wondering if I have things configured correctly, but the documentation seems scattered (at best) and I haven't found anything obvious.

Anyone experienced something similar? Is anyone running mh these days? Is there another Linux-based HA s/w package I should be considering?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!
Jeff

#23426 - 01/06/13 08:01 PM Re: Anyone using their Ocelot with Mr House? [Re: ]
kwazy Offline

Just to follow up on my own question, assuming someone finds this post via search some day:

I had 2 problems that prevented me from getting updates from my Ocelot:

1. In subroutine check_for_serial_data (in file mh), the first line is "return unless %Serial_Ports;". Well, this line is causing control to return before the rest of the sub is executed. I suspect that the ncpuxa interface is not a "real" serial port interface (its actually talking to xalib on a local TCP port instead), and as such doesn't get populated in the Serial_Ports list. I've commented this line out for now, and will investigate a better long-term solution later.

2. The Ocelot variable #15 must be set to '1' for it to output its TX/RX X10 commands. Stumbled across this by chance, re-reading the Ocelot manual front-to-back.

Since these 2 items were resolved, I've been successfully receiving X10 traffic in MisterHouse via the Ocelot.

Oh, and 1 more thing: receiving serial messages from the Ocelot (used to indicate I/O status changes) was periodically showing garbled text (the last char of the string repeated strlen times, to be exact). I fixed this in xalib in the file lib/cpuxa.c, function cpuxa_move_buffer(). This fcn is moving data within the same string backwards by 1 char, and memcpy() is not guaranteed to work correctly when the src and dst parms are the same. I changed it to use memmove() instead and its rock solid now.

Hopefully this will help someone someday in setting up Misterhouse - while the package seems quite powerful, its been a bear to set up.

#23427 - 01/07/13 05:35 PM Re: Anyone using their Ocelot with Mr House? [Re: kwazy]
Guy Lavoie Administrator Offline
Beyond All Hope

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks for the feedback! I hope it helps someone in the future.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Dan Smith, Monte G, ADI Tech Support, Guy Lavoie 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 50 anonymous users online.
Recent Posts
am pm
by edr
05/05/17 05:25 PM
Shout Box

Newest Members
brigiel, vevevie, zhutree, 416, saiqul
3003 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3003 Members
19 Forums
3999 Topics