ADICON Support Forum Applied Digital, Inc.
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#23097 - 05/27/12 04:18 PM Phantom Input activation on SECU16
Anthony deAraujo Offline

I have a setup (almost) identical to that describe by Jim Lipsit on his website.

As part of the setup, I added some pushbuttons to the rooms in which I have put speakers. I currently use the pushbuttons to activate the speaker in that room (for a whole house audio thingy).

You press a button, SECU16 input is detected, HAL sends command to activate speaker in that room. It works great !

BUT... every once in a while a speaker will just come on, in a a random room in the house. The same thing used to happen when the pushbutton was used to get HAL's "attention".

So I suspect the issue is the value being read by the SECU16 is fluctuating... don't know why... and it occasionally crosses the threshold so that it looks as if the button was pushed. All my switches have a 1K resistor across the contacts and they are normally open switches. One detail, the resistor is on the switch itself. I soldered it at the same time I soldered the wires coming to the switch. Any suggestions to stop the phantom activation of the switches ?

Thanks,

Tony

#23098 - 05/28/12 04:59 AM Re: Phantom Input activation on SECU16 [Re: Anthony deAraujo]
Guy Lavoie Administrator Offline
Beyond All Hope

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
I'm assuming that the inputs are being read as supervised inputs, which means that they would never triiger from just slight voltage variations (unless you set parameters 2 and 3 very close together). You could try a test to see if button presses are being registered by creating a small C-Max program that increments a variable every time a SECU16 input turns on, such as:

IF SECU16 Input #0 Turns ON
THEN Variable #0 + 1
IF SECU16 Input #1 Turns ON
THEN Variable #1 + 1

You would then need to have HAL (I don't know anything about HAL) track those variables and log whenever one of them changes along with the tima and date that it did. The idea here is to have the alleged button push detected by the Ocelot or Leopard itself and then tracked by logging a variable change in HAL. I don't know how much of this makes sense or how easily it can be done in HAL but it would help you to determine if the SECU16 input itself is triggering or if it's something else, like with the input status messages between the Ocelot and HAL.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Dan Smith, Monte G, ADI Tech Support, Guy Lavoie 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 62 anonymous users online.
Recent Posts
Ocelot not working
by JPO
11/08/17 06:02 AM
Shout Box

Newest Members
brigiel, vevevie, zhutree, 416, saiqul
3003 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3003 Members
19 Forums
4004 Topics