ADICON Support Forum Applied Digital, Inc.
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#19066 - 12/05/07 03:23 PM Site appears to be broken.
Just Another Joe Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Adanac
For about a week now, I have not been able to view 'Active Topics', 'Who's Online', or my account or control panel ('My Stuff'). The site looks different, but these things are broken. Help!

#19067 - 12/05/07 05:47 PM Re: Site appears to be broken. [Re: Just Another Joe]
ken-h Online   content
active contributor

Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I think the site has had an upgrade or some sort of change. I don't have a selection for who's on line any more.

#19068 - 12/05/07 06:01 PM Re: Site appears to be broken. [Re: ken-h]
Guy Lavoie Administrator Offline
Beyond All Hope

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
Yes, the hosting service has upgraded the software and a few things still need a bit of fine tuning. For example the search function currently only allows you to go back one year, which is not very useful...

#19069 - 12/05/07 06:28 PM Re: Site appears to be broken. [Re: Just Another Joe]
Just Another Joe Offline
enthusiast

Thanks for the replies; it really does look different, doesn't it?

Will the non-working features be fixed (or replaced, in the case of Who's Online--I always liked that one)? I used Active Topics all the time! And, of course would like access to my account. I don't even see a way to add a smiley! :-(

#19070 - 12/05/07 07:49 PM Re: Site appears to be broken. [Re: Just Another Joe]
ken-h Online   content
active contributor

Active Topics still exists and has expanded to include Active Posts a well. I used the "Who Is On Line" as well. I hope it is coming back.

#19071 - 12/05/07 09:29 PM Re: Site appears to be broken. [Re: ken-h]
Just Another Joe Offline
enthusiast

Ken, are you saying that Active Topics works for you? How are you accessing it?

At the top of the page, I see a row of options: Forum List, My Stuff, etc. One of those options is Active Topics. The My Stuff and Active Topics options differ from all the others in that there is a downward-pointing arrow beside each. All of the other options seem to work fine for me, but when I click on either of those two options, or on the arrow beside it, nothing at all happens. Is it different for you?

Also, I still see no way of adding smilies :-( ! 8-| ;-{

Oh wait, I found the smilies ! Too bad they're not obvious, like being in the side bar .

And I still can't access my account !

#19077 - 12/06/07 06:51 AM Re: Site appears to be broken. [Re: Just Another Joe]
John Vomastic Offline
active contributor

Loc: Manitou Springs, Colorado
And I still can't access my account

Joe
All of my personal material is in the pull down menu at the top of the page in the icon "my stuff"

#19084 - 12/06/07 09:48 AM Re: Site appears to be broken. [Re: Just Another Joe]
ken-h Online   content
active contributor

Originally Posted By: Just Another Joe
Ken, are you saying that Active Topics works for you? How are you accessing it?

At the top of the page, I see a row of options: Forum List, My Stuff, etc. One of those options is Active Topics. The My Stuff and Active Topics options differ from all the others in that there is a downward-pointing arrow beside each. All of the other options seem to work fine for me, but when I click on either of those two options, or on the arrow beside it, nothing at all happens. Is it different for you?

Also, I still see no way of adding smilies :-( ! 8-| ;-{

Oh wait, I found the smilies ! Too bad they're not obvious, like being in the side bar .

And I still can't access my account !

Yes the My Stuff and Active Topics are pull down menus and they work by clicking on the arrow or the topic name for me.

#19086 - 12/06/07 10:43 AM Re: Site appears to be broken. [Re: ken-h]
John Warner Offline
old hand

Loc: Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
The pull-down menus for "My Stuff" and "Active Topics"work fine for me and give more options than the old one did. The new forum must just not like you for some reason Joe... ;\)
#19089 - 12/06/07 02:00 PM Re: Site appears to be broken. [Re: ken-h]
John Warner Offline
old hand

Loc: Port Perry, Ontario, Canada
btw - I assume you are "logged in" ?
#19092 - 12/06/07 04:27 PM Re: Site appears to be broken. [Re: Just Another Joe]
Just Another Joe Offline
enthusiast

Thanks for the replies; you're right, I guess the site just doesn't like me !

Yes, I have logged out, logged in, and logged some zzz's. I have tried deleting the site cookies and having them re-created. I have ensured that cookies, Java and Javascript are enabled, that no ad-blocking or proxies are getting in the way, etc. I am using the latest Firefox (2.0.0.11).

When I hover the mouse pointer over Forum List, etc., the pointer changes to a hand, and the URL is shown in the status bar. If I click, the link works.

When I hover over the arrow beside My Stuff or Active Topics, the pointer changes to a hand, but no URL is shown in the status bar. When I click the arrow, nothing happens.

When I hover over My Stuff or Active Topics, the pointer changes to a four-headed arrow (up, down, left, right), the status bar shows 'javascript:void(0);' and when I click, nothing happens. The same thing is shown in the status bar when I hover over the name of a poster (that's you guys ;\) ) on the left of a post, with the same non-result when clicked. But the same posters' names in the forum index (rather than in a thread) show a hand and a URL, and work when clicked. Also, when I click the smilies button and then hover over one of the smilies, the four-headed arrow appears and the status bar shows the Javascript line, but in that case it works, as you can see ! The only difference is that there is no semi-colon at the end of the line in the status bar.

This stuff is all beyond me, but I hope the above provides enough information for the site administrator to figure out why it isn't working for me. I'm glad it is working for the rest of you, but I would sure like to have it work here as well. Do the rest of you see similar pointers and status bar lines?

#19095 - 12/06/07 06:00 PM Re: Site appears to be broken. [Re: Just Another Joe]
Guy Lavoie Administrator Offline
Beyond All Hope

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
Joe, I just checked out your profile (and logged in with your identity) and it works fine. It must be a browser problem. Try it with IE...

#19096 - 12/06/07 07:06 PM Re: Site appears to be broken. [Re: Just Another Joe]
ken-h Online   content
active contributor

Originally Posted By: Just Another Joe
Thanks for the replies; you're right, I guess the site just doesn't like me !

When I hover over the arrow beside My Stuff or Active Topics, the pointer changes to a hand, but no URL is shown in the status bar. When I click the arrow, nothing happens.

When I hover over My Stuff or Active Topics, the pointer changes to a four-headed arrow (up, down, left, right), the status bar shows 'javascript:void(0);' and when I click, nothing happens. The same thing is shown in the status bar when I hover over the name of a poster (that's you guys ;\) ) on the left of a post, with the same non-result when clicked. But the same posters' names in the forum index (rather than in a thread) show a hand and a URL, and work when clicked. Also, when I click the smilies button and then hover over one of the smilies, the four-headed arrow appears and the status bar shows the Javascript line, but in that case it works, as you can see ! The only difference is that there is no semi-colon at the end of the line in the status bar.

Yes I see the same thing as you described above.

#19101 - 12/06/07 11:42 PM Re: Site appears to be broken. [Re: ken-h]
Just Another Joe Offline
enthusiast

Guy, thanks for taking the time to test my account. Okay, the problem isn't with the site, so must be on my end. I'll try to track it down. [Note: it was working perfectly prior to the site update.]

Comment on the site update: I like the colours, but find the font used now to be much harder to read than the font which was used prior to the update. And I wish they would put back the Who's On-Line feature.

#19109 - 12/07/07 07:26 PM Re: Site appears to be broken. [Re: Just Another Joe]
ken-h Online   content
active contributor

Well Who's Online is back. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Dan Smith, Monte G, ADI Tech Support, Guy Lavoie 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 49 anonymous users online.
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Newest Members
brigiel, vevevie, zhutree, 416, saiqul
3003 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3003 Members
19 Forums
4000 Topics
23426 Posts

Max Online: 132 @ 11/13/16 10:07 AM
August