ADICON Support Forum Applied Digital, Inc.
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#19054 - 12/04/07 05:43 PM CMX Component
wondersnarf Offline

It's probably just me but I can't get the CMX activex component to work. I have tried on two different computers, fresh xp install on one of them. Tried vb6 and vb 2005. Tried using just the plain example program that comes with the component, no joy.

I have been able to get bvntoy's implementation to work nicely but only in vb6. But I want to develop the application in vb.net since I have written the code for pda wifi connectivity (well not less written, more copied) in vb.net. Instantiating the activex component in vb.net and calling opencomms I can see activity on the comm port, but the commands do nothing... I was wondering if the activex component still works for other people.

Is there an alternative implementation? It would be nice if CMX were open source, I can't see a rational for keeping it closed!

I also have voice activation working in vb.net using the dragon naturally speaking api, so i'm stuck with .net.

I'm really confused, one would imagine that given that data is being passed across the comm port everything should work. Unless the command codes have been changed and the CMX component not updated...

Oh and apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere but my search isnt working...

I'm seriously considering porting bvntoy's implementation to .net given that it will prob take me less time than redoing all the work ive done up to this point! But then again I could be seriously underestimating the complexity of the task...

#19091 - 12/06/07 03:23 PM Re: CMX Component [Re: wondersnarf]
wondersnarf Offline

Ok i've found xalib, which is perfect for me. Does anyone have a list of the command codes to send to the cpuxad socket to control different things? I've got turning module points on and off working from .net. Just need to figure out how to do everything else!
#19106 - 12/07/07 04:06 PM Re: CMX Component [Re: wondersnarf]
wondersnarf Offline

I'm answering my own posts as I go along, atleast people will know the path I followed. Found command codes from ph file in lib directory of misterhouse (should have noticed it before), now got pda turning lights on off and to any level desired. Swithed to c sharp as found good wireless connectivity soft for it. Going to build ir blaster tomorrow, hook it up to ocelot. Then comes porting my dragon naturally speaking code to c sharp. then comes buying lots of microphones and dimmer modules. So i'm pretty much sorted now, will have just three apps running for control of house ncpuxa to control ocelot, misterhouse for webaccess, and my prog for pda interface and speech recognition and tts. Set up ncpuxa to run as a service and i'm left with just one visible app. Excellent. Has anyone else done it this way? I'd be interested to hear of how someone else has integrated the ocelot with external control devices...
#19108 - 12/07/07 05:33 PM Re: CMX Component [Re: wondersnarf]
Guy Lavoie Administrator Offline
Beyond All Hope

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
No problem in "blogging" along... someone else might just learn from your findings, or jump into the discussion with suggestions or experiences. \:\)

#22123 - 09/13/10 05:52 PM Re: CMX Component [Re: Guy Lavoie]
bvnoldguy Offline
journeyman

The command codes are also listed at //adicon-panther.googlecode.com under download source svn/trunk/pxa_server/cpuxa.py - in the comments

Edited by bvnoldguy (09/13/10 05:53 PM)
Edit Reason: missing word

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Dan Smith, Monte G, ADI Tech Support, Guy Lavoie 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 56 anonymous users online.
Recent Posts
Comms Retry Error
by HDTVPete
09/18/17 04:04 PM
Cmax Message: Failed to set data for a 'delay'
by HDTVPete
09/16/17 04:36 PM
Shout Box

Newest Members
brigiel, vevevie, zhutree, 416, saiqul
3003 Registered Users
Forum Stats