ADICON Support Forum Applied Digital, Inc.
Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#13149 - 06/11/05 04:18 AM Tryout the New Leopard Editor
Matz Hedman Offline

Loc: Stockholm
On recommendation from Guy I'm now making my Leopard/Ocelot editor available to this forum.
I have put a program overview with screenshots and download link here. Please have a look.
Me and a friend have been using it for a long time now and it should be relatively bug free.
The easiest way to get started is to COPY one of your own C-Max projects (i.e. MyProj.PRJ, MyProj.TCH, MyProj.PGM, MyProj.LIR, *.BMP) to a NEW folder and play with that.

I will not scale to act as a support department but your feedback is welcomed.

Enjoy,

Matz

#13150 - 06/12/05 08:11 PM Re: Tryout the New Leopard Editor
jmjones Offline
journeyman

Loc: Billings, Missouri
Gave your program a try with my Leopard I and it looks very nice.

The only problem I encountered was when I selected view program editor it crashed with a run-tiome error #6, overflow.

John

#13151 - 06/13/05 05:16 AM Re: Tryout the New Leopard Editor
Matz Hedman Offline

Hi John!

Strange! Pitty, the Editor is what you want to see. There is of bunch of features I would like to have feedback on.

Did the Editor open at all or did it crash every time?
What version of Windows are you using?
Did you put the OCXs in the same directory as CIRMax.EXE?
Try to open the attached debug project. It could be that tour Leopard I project has some codes I did not know/think of.
Finally if you want you could send your project to me and I can check with a VB debugger what is causing the crash.

Best regards,

Matz

#13152 - 06/13/05 09:57 AM Re: Tryout the New Leopard Editor
Jim Beersman Offline
active contributor

Loc: Springfield, MO
Gave your program a look. I get the run time error 6 also when I try to load my project. Your program does work if I load the debugtest project provided.

Another odd thing I found is if I double click on any line in the editor several lines disappear. In the debugtest .pgm file I see lines 1,3,7,10,12,16,18. If I double click on any line again the missing lines reappear. When the lines are gone I can not edit.

Nice concept. Keep up the good work.

P.S. (Selfish Plug)

Have you seen my TSE program (www.geocities.com/jb_sgf)? It's mainly used for editing and building the .tch files of a project. Like you I was tired of the limitations of C-MAX and built what I wanted.

#13153 - 06/13/05 11:33 AM Re: Tryout the New Leopard Editor
Matz Hedman Offline

Hi Jim!

The purpose of the double click is to collaps the program. It then only shows the IF lines providing an overview. If you have used the comment field.

Can you or John please send me a project. There must be some specific code combination I'm missing.

I've tried your program out and it inspired to include a tch editor in my program. Nice work there to.

Matz

#13154 - 06/13/05 12:02 PM Re: Tryout the New Leopard Editor
Jim Beersman Offline
active contributor

Loc: Springfield, MO
I like the collapse feature, great idea.

#13155 - 06/13/05 12:19 PM Re: Tryout the New Leopard Editor
Guy Lavoie Administrator Offline
Beyond All Hope

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
I initially played around with the emulator part of Matz's utility (something that a number of users have wished for over the years) but just heven't yet have the time to go to any real depth. The alternate program editor might also of interest to those would would prefer to avoid all the mouse work needed with the C-Max editor.

It looks like a lot of work has gone into this program!

#13156 - 06/13/05 11:38 PM Re: Tryout the New Leopard Editor
jmjones Offline
journeyman

Loc: Billings, Missouri
Hi Matz,

The editor will open your example file as well as some of my old files. Must be something in my current file that it doesn't like.

I'm using win XP home edition.

"Did you put the OCXs in the same directory as CIRMax.EXE? -" < YES >

You really need to write a small documentation file on how to use your program, I'm afraid it's only intuitive to you :rolleyes:

I really like what you've put together, but I'm not sure how to use it.

John

#13157 - 06/16/05 06:03 AM Re: Tryout the New Leopard Editor
Rex Offline
active contributor

Loc: UK
Hi, Matz.

I like your concept - you've put a lot of work into this. It runs OK on my WinXP-Pro(SP2) using code created for Leopard-II on C-Max 2.00e.

The Touchscreen Editor does a good job of emulating the Leopard-II display - even where I have overlayed text and icons. The parameter display and editing features are very handy. Nice job!

Like John, I didn't find the Program Editor intuitive. Perhaps a right-mouse-button context menu would help?

My favourite feature is the Debugger. This could save a lot of time! The debug comments are really useful when looking for strange code behavior. It's also the first time I knew how many lines of my code got executed between button-presses and new RTC minutes. Very interesting... One odd thing, though: When the preceeding IF statement is True, the emulated result of THEN Variable#63/Screen# = 3 is to set variable 63 to zero. This seems to happen on any statement assigning any value to variable 63 but other variables work OK.

I couldn't get the program to connect to my Leopard on a TCP/IP proxy server. Perhaps you didn't intend it to be used that way but I saw Leopard Server in Program Settings and wondered...

I think with a little more work this tool could be a great aid for debugging complex code. It would also be a good way to develop and debug small snippets of code for specific functions without disrupting the working code.

#13158 - 06/16/05 01:21 PM Re: Tryout the New Leopard Editor
Matz Hedman Offline

Thanks for the feedback. I have put a basic guideline on the WEB page.
I'll have a look on the variable 63 thing. I'm using it in touch screen Follow Leopard so there might be a clash.
I'm using TCP/Com for the serial link over WLAN. Works like a dream. They have a demo version here.
The thing you tested and the Leopard server is WEB based work in progress.

Matz

#13159 - 06/16/05 01:49 PM Re: Tryout the New Leopard Editor
Guy Lavoie Administrator Offline
Beyond All Hope

Loc: Montreal, QC, Canada
If you saw the other thread about the "all zones" capability of the SECU16-IR, I'd suggest that you add it to your program editor. In other words, for the "THEN Transmit IR" instruction, when the module is a SECU16IR, you should allow the zone number to either range from 0 to 15, or to be zone 255 (encoded as FF hex in the appropriate byte).

#13160 - 06/16/05 01:56 PM Re: Tryout the New Leopard Editor
Matz Hedman Offline

Like:
Zone 0
Zone 15
All zones (255)

I'll wait to collect some more feedback and include it in the next release. I'm also adding your recovery function. Planning on reading every block 3 times and if 2 are identical keep it. What is your opinion? Should I sequense per block or read the whole memory before repeating/comparing?

Matz

#22065 - 08/26/10 10:52 PM Re: Tryout the New Leopard Editor [Re: Matz Hedman]
wesmo Offline

Loc: Down Under
Does anyone have a copy of the CIRMax.zip?
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Dan Smith, Monte G, ADI Tech Support, Guy Lavoie 
Hop to:
Who's Online
0 registered and 50 anonymous users online.
Recent Posts
am pm
by edr
05/05/17 05:25 PM
Shout Box

Newest Members
brigiel, vevevie, zhutree, 416, saiqul
3003 Registered Users
Forum Stats
3003 Members
19 Forums
3999 Topics